Call for Workshop Proposals (closed)
ESOCC 2013 Workshops provide an opportunity for participants to discuss specific topics in the Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing related domains.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by the Workshop chairs. Proposals must consist of the following items:
- name and acronym of the workshop
- motivation: short (up to 1 page) scientific justification of the proposed topic and scope, its significance and relevance to ESOCC, and the particular benefits of the workshop to the service-oriented and cloud computing communities
- name, affiliation, and short (up to 10 lines) bio of the workshop organizers
- contact organizer
- desired length of the workshop, (half day or full day)
- estimate of the audience size
- proposed format and agenda (e.g., demo sessions, tutorials, etc.)
- potential invited speakers
- any specific requirement the workshop may have
- procedures for selecting papers and participants
- plans for dissemination, if any (e.g., special issues of journals)
- preliminary call for papers and link to the workshop website (if possible)
- information about previous editions (if applicable)
Proposals are due by March 3rd, 2013 by email to email@example.com. Organizers will be notified by March 17th, 2013. ESOCC 2013 Workshops will be held on September 11, 2013.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed and evaluated on the following criteria:
- relevance to ESOCC
- potential to advance state of the art in service-oriented and cloud computing, in particular ability to break new ground
- overlap of topics with other proposed workshops.
- past editions of the workshop and association with previous ESOCC conferences.
- organizers' ability and experience to lead a successful workshop.
All accepted workshops will be asked to provide a webpage, call for papers, and list of invited speakers. The workshop participants will be required to register through the ESOCC 2013 registration webpage.